Enough of the down voting

I am aware, through down voting and frankly unkind comments, that some people who visit this blog are not fans.  Honestly, if you don’t like what I’m doing, I don’t understand why you keep coming back.

A month or so ago, someone who had been a fan of this blog became an unfan.  She told me off and said that I wasn’t interesting any more since I wasn’t involved with and posting about Roxy.  Well.  So basically, someone who had claimed to be supportive and happy for me when I was happy, was really only happy when I was happy for reasons they approved of.  Huh, sounds kind of abusive and controlling, doesn’t it?

Well, fuck that.  If you can’t celebrate my happiness regardless, you’re no friend of mine.  I don’t know that this same person is the one who hit my recent posts with ‘thumbs down’, but who ever it is can also fuck off.  If you have something to say, leave a comment or email me.  I’m removing the passive route.  That also means I don’t get the thumbs up, but I’ll take that hit.

If you have something to say to me about what I post, fucking say it.

Right now, I am happy in a way I haven’t been happy in a long time.  I’m in love with my fabulous girlfriend, OregonGirl.  I’m having a very loving and sexy friendship with Hippy Goddess.  I have a wife and kids and a great career and community.  Life is good and I’m going to talk about it and not apologize to those who wish my life hadn’t changed in the past couple of years.  Hey guess what?  Life happens, get with the program or get left behind.  I’m happy and if you’re not interested in hearing about it or celebrating that with me, find another blog to read.  Take your negativity and your bullshit elsewhere.

This entry was posted in site news and tagged , . Bookmark the permalink.

6 Responses to Enough of the down voting

1. Jamie Ray says:

That is very ugly behavior to down-thumb. Very narcissistic behavior – like you transitioned just to piss them off.

There are women who are invested in butches remaining butches, and not transitioning, and not questioning their gender. It is like we are an endangered species, and each of us must be saved by keeping us away from testosterone or top surgery. It is a thin line between gender non-conformance and transgender and some of us cross it. Why should we suppress our masculinity for their amazonian fantasy?

There are enough anti-trans butch bloggers out there. Let them eat Dirt.

yeah, exactly. Whatever the issue is, I don’t need to be poked at passive-aggressively. I’m not going to suppress a damned thing for someone who isn’t in my life, and certainly not for someone who hides behind anonymity. Thanks for the support, Jamie – K

2. anaisninja says:

Thumbs up. Problem solved.

3. CK says:

You are blessed my friend. Disengage from those who try to keep you in their little pet box. Keep right on enjoying the bliss. Hard times always make their way around. It would be a crime to waste this joy while you have it.

Thank you. Yes, gotta enjoy the joy while it’s here, I couldn’t agree more. Or, as OG would put it: suck the marrow of life. 🙂 K

4. DWB says:

Poor Kyle. Just can’t take the heat, can you? Guess you only want adoration from your fans. You’re another butch who is a traitor, selling out to the male medical machine.

Well, actually, based on your word choice, seems you’re just another transphobic asshole who can’t handle that other people make choices you wouldn’t make. In case you didn’t know, not everyone comes out of the womb with the same ideas of self and identity. Consider how amazing would it be if you could express your identity without insulting mine? Oh, but that would require you to think and I don’t want you to get a brain cramp. It’s not about adoration, you fuckwit, it’s about this being my space and I would rather have identity policing assholes like you making comments out in the open instead of hiding behind an anonymous button click. And what am I a traitor to? Is my signature on some kind of male-bashing, butch-female-only manifesto? Did I make a promise to you, personally, that I have subsequently broken? Or are you of the misguided notion that because I have made choices for myself, with only myself in mind, that I am somehow making a judgement on your choices? Guess what, the only group I claim membership to is the group of people who are self-defining, self-actualizing, authentic human beings.. which apparently, is not a club you want to belong to, which is just as well. From what I can see, you’d be shitty at the membership criteria. This is how it goes, I will be judgmental in that I will call you a fuckwit hater who can’t see outside their own small definition of identity based on the comment you left, but I won’t tell you you’re wrong in identifying the way you identify. Put that in your pipe and shove it up your ass – K

5. Kyle says:

DirtyWhiteBoi… another question for you, why the fuck do you care? Are you some self appointed butch cop who watches the internet for signs of so-called ‘traitors’? Is that your identity? Is that your mission, the way you want to spend your precious moments on this earth? Sit with that for a minute. If you truly wanted to change minds, the first thing you should consider is not attacking and insulting. Meet people where they are and engage in a conversation.

But again, that requires work and it doesn’t look like that’s something you’re interested in spending your time on

Kyle, you know I will always love you and am so proud of you for following your own path. From the beginning, it was pretty clear you were on your way somewhere new, so any comments on you somehow selling out who you were are ignorant and not worth your time. You have always strived to honestly share the down and dirty of your life, and, sadly, some folks just can’t handle how messy life can be. (Plus, honestly, who’d want a pristine life anyway?)

As for the comment from the reader who left after you stopped writing about me, thank you for being willing to take that kind of blowback from your readers for me. Not many people realize how dangerous it became for me to maintain my online presence, or the number of hours we spent trying to erase me from much of what you had posted. How sad we both were to remove our past together, and take down my site altogether. Being stealth has been difficult, but it really helped keep my family safe.

Thank you, love. Breathe in, breathe out. You know the truth. 🙂