Before I head out of town and out of internet range for the weekend, I should empty my pockets and do a few updates.
- Illness Update: Â I’m finally well again. Â I got a flu virus right after I got my flu vaccine. Â Then I almost started feeling better again and WHAM! I got hit by a bacterial infection that got into my chest, sinuses, etc. Â Now, after a course of antibiotics and all the joy those bring, I’m finally feeling, well, normal… if that word can even be applied to me. Â Relatively normal, I guess.
- Story Prompt Contest: Â The winner is… the prompt offered by Lily — “She has a mug thatâ€™s cracked but she just wonâ€™t throw it away.” Â This prompt is begging to have a story written from it. Â That means Lily will get a free copy of the e-book I promise I’m going to publish… (the whole being sick thing really f**cked things up around here)
- Ask Kyle Anything: Â I got exactly one question (the rest of you are slackers!), from Roxy and I will be answering that once I get back into the normal flow. (hahahahah! Â Normal flow, you say that like it’s a thing you actually know about). Â While I’m gone, maybe some of you will also come up with good questions for me to answer…. come one, there must be something you’re dying to know.
- Gender Odyssey proposals: Â got them both in before the deadline and now waiting for responses.
- Upcoming books, reading and reviewing: Â still reading Rye for review. Â I am going to get a copy of Laura Antoniou’s The Killer Wore Leather, a mystery, because I want to read it and will likely review it as well. Â I will also be reviewing and blurbing Everett Maroon’sÂ Â “YA time travel novel about a trans kid w/epilepsy” when ARCs are available in a couple of months, and probably recruit my daughter to read and review as well. Â And Amy Butcher’s book, Paws for Consideration, another mystery.
- Poly update: Â I’m still poly, though it’s more of a theoretical poly at the moment since I’m not intimately involved with anyone but my primary partner (Mrs. Kyle). Â I’m doing a bit of soul searching, reformatting, getting my shit together before I launch myself back out into the market again, so to speak. Â Until then, me and Mr. Hitachi are taking care of any stray sexual needs that come up. Â Roxy and I are still best friends, still love each other deeply, and still very much involved in each other’s lives. Â Also still working out what it all means and how it all works. Â But mostly, it works pretty well and we’re both very grateful for each other.
- This Weekend: Â In another 24 hours, I’ll be in my cabin, where I’ll be able to hear the surf pounding not so far away, hopefully pounding on my keyboard a bit before passing out. Â I’m working a full day, coming home to get my things and kiss my family and then heading out. Â Â There is a library open on Saturday with wifi access, so I might walk down there for a bit to catch up on things… or not. Â I find that once I get into the offline mode, it’s not so hard to stay there. Â Love you all, have a great time and I’ll catch up with you next week.
- Next Week: Â I’ll be suffering from Writing Weekend drop and will probably need a lot of cheering up.. so think about that, will you? Â 😉
This content is published under the Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 3.0 Unported license.