Yes, it’s true. Â We’ve completed another year here at Butchtastic enterprises and my staff and I would like to thank you all for helping us survive it. Â This blog is 4 years old and, thank goodness, finally potty trained and able to dress itself.
It’s been a hard year, a year of unforeseen changes and challenges in my personal life. Â But today, I’m looking forward, concentrating on my blogging hopes and dreams for the future.
What I want for Butchtastic year 5 and beyond:
- to be more regular (yes, I could eat more prunes, but I’m gonna try writing and posting more instead)
- to update and freshen up my list of GQ/Trans/Butch blogs.. maybe rethink the whole thing and decide what the mission of that particular feature needs to be
- do weekly shout-outs … something a little more meaty than just posting links, maybe some analysis as well. Â I especially want to promote people/organizations/groups by and for genderqueer, gender non-conforming, trans and butch folks and our particular issues.
- get more regular about posting short format smut (again, not with prunes)
- consider a new blog format, though I’m definitely going to keep the masthead image created for me by Roxy, who is magical with photos. Especially photos of me.
- Oh, and a new idea, inspired by an Autostraddle post on the various “Butches *doing something*” tumblrs that exist (and, as you can read in the comments, lots of ideas for more of that kind of tumblr). Â My idea is to post a weekly photo, something from my life, something posed, something I’m doing, that sort of thing. Â I haven’t posted pics here for a while and I’m hoping y’all will enjoy the weekly visual. Â I do want to come up with a name for the series… any ideas? “Kyle Does Stuff” is a little flat…
Something I really, really want is more community. Â I have some ideas about how to reach out in my meat space community, and I need to sit down with my committee of one and figure out how to make that happen. Â I also want more online community around my passions: Â gender identity, activism and writing. Â One idea that’s starting to form in my brain is to pull some gender non-conforming folks into an online writing group. Â I remember how much fun I used to have as part of the Microfantasy Monday group and I’m wondering if I could find enough like-minded bloggers to participate in a writing exercise with a regularly scheduled prompt and some group feedback and encouragement. Â I’d like to work with topics around gender, the various layers of identity and things like that. Â Which means, you don’t have to be gender non-conforming to participate, but you do have to be interested in the topics. Â If you are a writer/blogger who would like to participate in something like that, please let me know and help me figure out how to do it. Â I’m really missing ButchLab right now and wish I’d had more time when it was a happening thing to contribute and help Sinclair out more with it.
There’s a lot about my life that’s in flux right now, lots of questions that are awaiting answers. Â There’s a lot I don’t know, but I know one thing: Â I renewed my hosting for another year, so I have this blog. Â And I have the readers who keep coming back to see what the heck I’m up to. Â And I have a lot of ideas for new stories and plenty of things to learn and explore and share in that ridiculously transparent way I have.
Thank you, wonderful readers for supporting this blog. Â I really, really appreciate your readership and your comments. Â As always, if you have a suggestion, question, brainstorm or want to send me a link or information about an organization I haven’t discovered yet, please leave a comment here or email me at kyle at butchtastic dot net.
This content is published under the Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 3.0 Unported license.