Ask Kyle… Anything

I’m working on a couple of posts to update you on Kyle-happenings but it occurred to me some of you may have questions you’d love to ask that I may never get around to answering…

Unless you ask me, that is.  So here’s your chance, ask me anything.  If I can’t answer for whatever reason, I’ll let you know, otherwise, I’ll do my best to answer you.

Got a question about my identity (choose from any of the following:  butch, genderqueer, bi-gender, transgender, *)?

Has some past post planted a question in your mind?

Want my opinion on something?  Got a ‘Dear Uncle Kyle’ question? (I do have a reader who sends me those occasionally).

Curious about something with regard to BDSM, kink, my approach to D/s?

Want to talk about writing — motivations, methods, hooks, inspirations?

Whatever you’re curious about, I want to hear it.  And yes, that leaves me wide open to potential trolling, but I’ve been around the internet for a while, I can handle that.

You can leave questions here, in the comments, or email me — Kyle at Butchtastic dot net.

Who’s going to be first?

This entry was posted in Ask Kyle Anything and tagged . Bookmark the permalink.

8 Responses to Ask Kyle… Anything

1. Ricki says:

Since you invited your readers to respond, I have a curious question. We’ve been fans of your blog for awhile, so please don’t take this the wrong way. We’ve noticed that since Roxy “disappeared,” the site has lost some of its previous excitement. We know that you’re very busy, but it seems like a certain energy has dissipated. It’s coincided with Roxy’s absence from cyber-space. You also used to write about your relationship with her more. Any chance that Roxy will make her blog public again? If not, we miss her regular responses on yours.

“Any chance that Roxy will make her blog public again?” … yes, she rehydrated UncommonCuriosity this week… enjoy – K

2. Jonathan says:

I’m no good at questions. I prefer people just to tell me stuff 🙂

Alrighty, and so I supplied you with information you may or may not care about 😉 — K

3. Kyle says:

From @pandadementia: Things are still good between you & Roxy? I haven’t seen much about the two of you lately.

4. Roxy Jones says:

Awww, you guys are so sweet to ask about me/us. It was a very, very, very, very rough summer, and I had to go underground for the good of the weasels. I miss writing the blog so much it hurts to think about it, but there were serious considerations that I simply couldn’t ignore. Kyle was very kind and archived it for me, and I’m hoping to be able to revive it in the future.

Things are still difficult, but a lot more stable here at Chez Roxy, and I’ve been able to be a lot more open about my relationship with Kyle (and Theo) in the real world. My family knows (and many are even still speaking to me,) and Kyle and I are working on ways to explain it to the weasels. Since they all talk to each other, there’s no way to break it to them one at a time, so it’s a matter of deciding if and when we want to open that box.

Sometimes, when terrible things happen, it helps you to see clearly what’s really important, and not living a secret life is something I feel very strongly about.

The distance and my family obligations mean that we haven’t seen very much of each other at all over the past 6 months – in fact, we only saw each other in the flesh once over the summer, and that was only for an hour or so, with the weasels in tow. So, in many ways, the romance *has* taken a bit of a hit, but mostly because I’ve been buried under a mile of judges and lawyers and social workers and a lot of therapy. I’m still looking for something I could embrace as the new normal, while facing the fact that most of the people around me have no idea what’s happened (even in the ‘real world’) and so I have to navigate what to say and how to say it. (And, yes, I’m aware that I’m being very vague here – I want to be careful what I say in a public forum.) On top of everything, 3 of my beloved cats all passed in rapid succession, which has draped a grey fog over everything, and my job is in serious jeopardy, adding a little cherry of stress on top.

I love Kyle very much and that hasn’t changed, nor has our commitment to each other and our amazing writing partnership. I’m very hopeful about a story that Kyle wrote as a submission just a bit ago, because I fell in love with the story and the characters. With any luck, some pictures and a story I wrote about Kyle will be appearing in the 4th issue of Salacious Magazine, although I’m not sure when that issue will come out.

We’re most definitely still here, just a little harder to see. I’m sorry it’s worried y’all, but I can say that it’s definitely getting better.

Hello, love 🙂

Secrets are hard to keep, and eventually, they keep you. Keep you from breathing fully, keep you from living fully, keep you from your hopes and dreams. I love you very much and I’m happy you are at a place where you can step free from some of that.

Our romance has taken a hit, but the love and appreciation remain… and romance can be revived, I’m still hot for you, darlin’. Life is being a bitch to you right now, and I am happy to be your very supportive friend, lover and biggest fan. It is getting better, definitely… love you, baby — K

5. Coyote Too says:

If you think someone is interesting, what kinds of things do you like to do to casually flirt?

Thank you for the question! K

6. PandaDementia says:

So glad to hear from you, Roxy! I’m glad things are getting better, and I hope they continue to do so. We all miss you terribly & can’t wait to get you back full time! <3

7. Ricki says:

Dear Roxy, thanks so much for your detailed response. We were worried about you. Even though we don’t know you, we’ve learned a lot about you (and Kyle) through your blog. Glad to hear that things are better now, and that you might bring back your blog. Sorry to hear that you’ve had such a tough time this summer. We’re also saddened by the death of your cat companions. We look forward to “sharing” more of your amorous adventures, too. As always, we’re rooting for both of you!

Check it out, UncommonCuriosity has come out of mothballs again… enjoy 🙂

8. NF says:

What does being a switch look like to you?

What are your thoughts on butch/femme dynamics? How does your butchness differ around a femme than around feminine women or only other butches? What does being butch around gender queers look like? Clearly I’m super curious about butch is within your skin rather than as a political statement.