Half Nekkid Thursday: the Little Bit is now walking

Presenting, Little Bit and her new trick:

We’ve been watching for this for a while.  She’s been mastering the art of the ‘free stand’ from the floor for the past week.  I’ve watched her shift her weight to one foot and partly life the other, only to plant it firmly on the floor.  Last night, our ElderSpawn witnessed the first couple of steps while my wife and I were out of the room.  We joined them in the dining room with the Flip video camera and captured some of her first steps for posterity.  She was so proud of herself, and I felt such a surge of love and excitement.  It’s literally a big step for her, and for all of us.

Happy HNT, y’all

To see all the other HNT posts for the day, go to Views from the Back Row, from whence the HNT goodness has come.

This entry was posted in HNT, parenting, video and tagged , , . Bookmark the permalink.

13 Responses to Half Nekkid Thursday: the Little Bit is now walking

She is such fun to watch, and I can’t wait to meet her in person! Clearly she gets her good looks and obvious athletic aptitude from her daddy. 🙂

And the way you start out in your mom voice and slide down into a very butch laugh – well, that just about takes my breath away.

Well, you are so sweet to attribute her good looks to me (I won’t tell Mrs. Kyle ). It is true that she already seems to be a mix of the two of us, biology be damned. You’ve seen a lot of her on the webcam, but she’s even more fun in person. I’m really, really happy you get to meet her this weekend.

2. Now everything in the house needs to be moved up another two feet… 😉

Well, as we’ve been saying to other friends who have given the same advice: we already have. She was already cruising the furniture, reaching up as far as she can and generally wreaking havoc, walking won’t add to that. Until she can get over the baby-jail gaits, that is.

3. Femme Gender says:

Love it! fimg X

Thank you, I think you must be one of the leaders of Little Bit’s fan club

4. AWWWW!!!!! Thats so cute!

She is terribly cute, at least when she’s not in a foul mood (like late last night)

5. Osbasso says:

Awww… I love your laugh too! It’s great to be able to actually catch a moment like that for posterity!

We didn’t catch the first couple of steps, and I’m still surprised she performed on cue after my wife fetched the Flip. Quite often she gets so interested in the camera, she stops doing whatever it is we’re trying to capture.

6. greg says:

I’m so glad! What a happy moment for you – it was really nice feeling like a part of it.

I’m glad I can share it with all of you.. it was a very happy, proud moment

7. greg says:

That was supposed to read, I’m so glad you posted this! 🙂

8. pixie says:

YAY 1st steps omg how exciting!!! She is growing up SO fast!!!

Yeah, she really is.. she’s so different from her big sister, it’s making our heads spin.

9. Awww! How precious! (and I don’t even like kids and I think she’s cute! :D)

10. saintchick says:

OMG that is the cutest things ever !

11. So much <3 and :-D!

12. Isobel says:

Sign me up as a member of the Little Bit fan club 🙂

13. theBsideOFme says:

You know how much I love seeing that precious one but your laugh is beautiful & infectious! Congratulations on getting it on tape. LM walked for the first time when my ex and I were on our first trip away from home & no, my ex-MIL didn’t record it for us. 😛